Customers are changing the rules of business. They want more from their vendor relationships, whether they define "more" as price reductions, service improvements, product co-creation, or other expectations. They crave proactive service and expect a problem-solving mind-set from every employee they encounter, not customer service reps. They see one company, not a group of products or divisions, so they expect a consistent experience across channels. They want sellers to anticipate their needs and understand their business and then communicate with relevancy and timeliness, via their preferred channels. In other words, they want it all, and more, delivered when and how they want it.
Is it possible to profitably keep up with customers' ever-increasing expectations? It's not easy, but it is possible-under one specific circumstance: when an organization has an executive sponsor responsible and accountable for meeting both customer and corporate needs in a way that is mutually beneficial. That person may hail from the contact center or data center, from marketing or operations, from sales or the C-suite. Where they live in the organization doesn't matter; what does matter is that their customer-centric actions and attitude pervade their organization.
Who are these sentries of customer centricity? They're executives who know that customers are the business, and who have a wizard-like ability to transform even the toughest customers' loyalty into profit. They're 1to1 Customer Champions. Each year we honor their accomplishments by telling their stories. Read on to learn how the 2009 1to1 Customer Champions are keeping their organizations on the right track to profitability: through a focus on the customer.
Meet the 2009 1to1 Customer Champions:
- Maryellen Abreu, Director of Global Technical Support, iRobot
- Shannon Balliet-Antorcha, Director of Database Marketing & Customer Data Integration, Carnival Cruise Lines
- Sonja Buhrmann, Customer Centricity Officer, Telkom SA Ltd.
- Tim Collins, Senior Vice President of Experiential Marketing, Wells Fargo
- Perry Cooper, Senior Vice President of Digital and Direct Marketing and Fan Analytics, National Hockey League
- Rosemarie Donzati, Senior Vice President of Customer Care Services, CVS Caremark
- M. Sirri Erkan, Deputy CEO, Isbank
- Barbara Graovac, Vice President of Client Services, Thomson Reuters HealthCare
- Fran Horner, Senior Director of Patient Access, NorthShore University HealthSystem
- Ron Kelly, Vice President of Customer Care and Logistics, Drugstore.com
- Om Kundu, First Vice President, Treasury and Payment Solutions, Product Management, SunTrust
- Robert Pearson, Vice Presiden of E-Commerce, Future Shop
- Stuart Roesel, Director of Customer Loyalty and Retention, EarthLink
- Harris Simmons, Chairman, President and CEO, Zions Bancorp
- Stormy Simon, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Customer Care, Overstock.com