It was evident at this year's Direct Marketing Association conference that an evolution is taking place. Direct marketing and digital marketing are converging thanks to advancements in social media strategy, mobile technology, cross-channel integration, and more. The foundation of many of these new marketing efforts is data. Experts from around the industry, along with practitioner JoS A. Bank clothier, shared their thoughts on current hot trends and challenges for marketers when it comes to analytics. A few themes emerged:
- Aggregating predictive data for measurable results
- Overcoming data paralysis through prioritization
- Gaining a 360-degree of customers that includes social channels
- Combining big ideas with the data to back them up
- Collecting customer insight wherever you can get it to drive influence and engagement
It's not a question of if marketers should focus more on analytics. It's how they should go about it. Analytics and insight grow more important every day as the marketing dollar needs to stretch further and show results. See from the floor of the DMA2010 how some are tackling the issue.