If you're not harnessing social to its full potential, we're here to help. 1to1 has joined forces with parent company Peppers & Rogers Group to bring you Social Media Week from January 23-27: five days of content and activities that aim to help you launch or improve your social media strategy.
Why next week? We're celebrating the release of our social media-themed issue of executive journal Customer Strategist. The entire issue examines how social media drives customer engagement and business performance at organizations around the world. Of course, your ability to be social is limited if that information is strictly on paper (but if you do have a copy of the issue, please do pass it along to a colleague when you're done). So we've taken to several social media channels to share content, insight, and expertise.
Here are the highlights:
- A live broadcast with Don Peppers exploring attributes of a social customer. Tweet your questions in advance at http://twitter.com/DonPeppers (or comment below); the hashtag to comment or ask questions during the broadcast is #1to1getsocial (Friday, January 27 at 3:30pm EST)
- A "blog carnival" hosted by Mila D'Antonio about how to get measurable results and ROI from social efforts, featuring contributions from Martha Rogers, Ph.D., Trip Kucera, Daniel Hong, Susan Etlinger, Paul Greenberg, Becky Carroll, and Brent Leary. (Wednesday, January 25)
- A tweet-up discussing the findings from the Peppers & Rogers Group/Temkin Group 2011 Social Strategies study. 1to1's Tom Hoffman and Temkin Group's Bruce Temkin will lead the discussion. Join in using #1to1getsocial (Tuesday, January 24, from 1:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. EST)
- A series of video interviews with the managers of reader-nominated businesses in New York customer-centric strategies, hosted by Martha Rogers, Ph.D.
- 1to1 Media's Think Customers blog will feature socially focused posts daily, including:
- Liz Glagowski's podcast interview with John Birrer of Charter Communications, who discusses social media at the executive level
- Cynthia Clark's peek into Dell's Social Media Listening Command Center
- And for a bit of a diversion, compare yourself against other readers to determine how social a customer you are. My post on Friday, January 27, will examine the results of a survey we conducted on the habits of social customers.
In addition, Peppers & Rogers Group will host a Social Media Week Meet-Up at Forty Four in New York on Thursday, January 26, from 5 p.m to 7p.m., where you can meet founding partners Don Peppers and Martha Rogers, Ph.D., and 1to1 Media editors, talk customer strategy, and connect with other customer experience professionals in the NYC area.
Click over to Peppers & Rogers Group's Social Media Week to find details and the complete list of events for the week. And check in throughout the week on Twitter by searching #1to1getsocial.
We hope you'll join the conversation!