-- Study Reveals Consumer Reaction to Marketing Emails
Email is the most used channel for marketers, according to a study conducted by ClickSquared, provider of SaaS cross-channel campaign management software and email services, and The Relevancy Group. Marketers send 6.6 million email messages per month on average. However, the study also revealed a decline in consumer response rates, as the lack of relevancy in emails contributed to deletions, unsubscribing, and consumers marking the messages as spam. Of the surveyed consumers, 69 percent admitted to deleting marketing emails because of messages sent too frequently.
-- Mobile Technology Usage for Event Planning Expected to Increase
An EventSpot survey conducted by online marketing company Constant Contact shows 81 percent of small businesses and nonprofits planning events intend to increase their mobile technology usage to market events in the next year. However, 90 percent of those event planners say they would like to learn how to leverage mobile technology for their events. The study also showed:
- 16 percent of those surveyed distribute content to an event registrant's mobile device
- 61 percent of respondents don't currently use a smartphone
- 23 percent promote events using a hashtag
- 15 percent of respondents report always, or frequently, using a smartphone for event planning
- 27 percent use Pinterest
- 26 percent plan to promote events using a hashtag
Mobile usage is expected to dramatically increase as EventSpot industry partners continue to educate planners on social technology benefits.
-- Survey Shows Content Marketing Usage at an All-Time High
The use of content marketing is at an all-time high, according to a B2B Marketing Survey released by Curata, Inc., provider of marketing solutions for content curation and marketing. The survey showed 87 percent of participants are using content marketing to further their objectives, and 57 percent of respondents are employing a content curation strategy. Those who conclude their curation program as successful tend to have been curating longer than others, as 32 percent of those marketers have been curating for over two years. However, the survey found that 43 percent of the participating marketing professionals do not measure the outcome of their programs, and there is a need for greater success tracking. The top challenges for marketers are limited staff and budget.
-- Attensity Launches New Product Analytics Application
Attensity, provider of social analytics and engagement applications, released New Product Introduction solution is part of an analytics suite series designed to solve specific business challenges. The solution provides marketing executives with specific, language-based analytics and reports based on customer insights from social media conversations, as well as real-time research about their product launch phases.
The new solution allows users to:
- Track consumer reception in early launch stages
- Make quick changes based on issue-uncovering empirical data
- Explore market perception and preference before the launch
- Manage each phase of the launch "to success"
-- Corporate Visions Announces Power Tools Solution Set for Visual Storytelling
The release of a new messaging and sales enhancement tools solution set has been announced by sales and marketing company Corporate Visions, Inc. Designed to leverage visual storytelling techniques and help B2B companies execute effective communications in sales and marketing, the set provides high-impact visual elements.
Some of the benefits include:
- Power Tools: Campaigns—Uses interactive and visual formats to get prospects to make purchase decisions.
- Power Tools: Collateral—Turns text-heavy marketing tools into differentiated messages and grab prospects' attention through visual stories.
- Power Tools: Whiteboards—Self-paced eLearning introductions are provided.
-- Genesys Announces New Customer Service Solution for Broader Enterprise Market
Genesys, provider of customer service and contact center software and services, has released a transformative customer service solution for the broader enterprise market. Genesys One, designed to use contact center capabilities with customer service best practices in the form of applications and templates, includes best-in-class routing, agent desktop, and reporting.
Key facts include:
- Innovative Rapid Deployment Approach- featuring a Rapid Installer application, designed to instantly populate customer service routing strategies.
- Simplified Management for Low TCO- Reporting and role-based applications allow executives to monitor and change customer service strategies "on the fly."
- Foundation for Growth- Supports up to 300 agents on one server, and can be expanded to include additional Genesys applications.
Genesys One will be available worldwide in December 2012.
-- Get Satisfaction Announces Enhancements to Customer Engagement Platform
Customer engagement platform provider Get Satisfaction announced enhancements to its free customer engagement platform, which extends customer engagement capabilities to all-sized businesses. The new features are designed to help businesses develop lasting connections with customers by enabling users to grasp real-time customer feedback, identify brand champions, generate word-of-mouth marketing content, and increase web traffic. The plan now includes one suite of moderator tools, and access to the suite of Engage Widgets, allowing companies to strategically manage content and bring conversations from the online customer communities to any page on their website.
Key features include:
- Moderation Tools: Allow users to set topic status, curate and edit content, and manage customer relationships.
- Hootsuite Integration: Users can import Facebook and Twitter conversations into their community and quickly respond to feedback.
- Champion Badge: Allows companies to reward active community users as brand champions.
-- SoundBite Communications Compliance Suite Enhanced for Contact Centers
Soundbite Communications, provider of cloud-based customer experience solutions, enhanced their compliance suite for contact centers to help them mitigate risks and meet compliance requirements. The multi-channel customer communications platform assists contact centers by:
- Preventing contact for prohibited numbers: Timeliness of data is ensured with dynamic campaign filters, mobile opt-in, and automated real-time suppression.
- Ensuring agents adhere to requirements: Regulations are stated correctly, and client policies are met with 100 percent call recording and monitor-coach-barge control.
- Consumer mobility and phone portability: Proper calling actions are ensured during safe contact windows through time zone detection tools, dialing rules, and mobile identification.
- Contact frequency controlled: Maximum contact attempts are set within a specific timeframe.
- Consumer consent and profile data managed. Includes real-time data integration of opt-in, wireless deactivations, and channel preferences with record application systems.
-- Beyond Philosophy Launches CEM Program for Companies Looking to Improve Customer Experience
Beyond Philosophy, which helps organizations create emotionally engaging customer experiences, has created a new program set to demonstrate how to improve customer experiences in organizations. The Customer Experience Management Certification (CEM) program is conducted in a series of webinars and provides companies with step-by-step guidance to help manage customer experience, accompanied by templates, diagrams case studies, slides, and white papers. Participants will learn how to engage employees and build organizational buy-in for their CEM strategies, how to avoid the problems of customer experience implementation, and how to obtain official recognition of their expertise, among the other topic touch points. Providing 10 one-hour training modules, the program offers three levels: Practitioner, Professional, and Expert. Each stage allows participants to earn a certificate after training, fulfill course requirements, and receive a grade from online examination. Upcoming courses begin in December.
-- Coveo and Sitecore Offer More Personalized Enterprise Search
Global software companies Coveo and Sitecore announced the renewal of their partnership, where they will bring more personalized enterprise search, advanced customer engagement, and increased relevance for users. Organizations can receive increased customer engagement, shorter sale cycles, and improved customer service. Users will have guided navigation with conversational search which handles meta-data for increased search relevance. Through unified information access from an unlimited number of data sources, UI configurability, and additional navigation capabilities, more personalized web searches will be enabled.