Bill Conaty's "Lessons Learned" About Leadership
Bill Conaty, 40-year HR veteran at GE, spoke at the World Business Forum about his "lessons learned" in leadership development.
1. If your values and company values aren't a match, than that's a bad match.
2. Attracting and developing world-class talent is a never-ending battle.
3. You must legitimize development needs.
4. Differentiation breeds meritocracy and treating everyone the same breeds mediocrity,
5. Great leaders develop great succession plans.
6. Weak leaders are threatened by succession plans. If you have a leader who can't develop a good succession plan, you need to take a closer look at that leader.
7. We find out a lot more about people when they're going through a rough crisis than in a smooth-running business.
8. The larger your organization, the more simple and focused your communication message should be.
8. Continuous learning is key. There's something we can learn every day.
9. The greatest leaders have tremendous balance between compassionate leadership
Did you enjoy this content? Sign up for our FREE weekly e-newsletter by clicking here!